Julie's Mission at Home: A Soldier's Wife's Journey of Health, Family and Survival

Journey with me as I document my experiences in parenting, getting healthier, and being a wife to my wonderful soldier and a mom for my two boys!

Friday, June 10, 2011

Boo!~

Guess who?
Yeah, so it's been a really super-duper loooooonnnggg time since I last posted. I'm a dork with the blog, but I do have to remind all 5 of you that, indeed, I DID say I was really bad at keeping a journal. So there we have it.
My husband is home! He's been home since the end of March. Yay! We have been adjusting pretty well--not without struggles, but things are very blessed and integrating very well. We're making it! I'm so thankful for my family, my husband, and the safe return of the soldiers in his unit.
So, at the very beginning of April I switched to the Simply Filling Plan with Weight Watchers. I love it. It is very aptly named, friends---you feel very satisfied and it is so very well-rounded. Such healthy choices and lots of fiber, lean protein, whole grains, you name it. Great stuff. No gimmicks or games (Weight Watchers isn't about that stuff). Just good health choices.
I'm moving more, too. Four days a week I am now walking and at least one day a week I do Nia, a really awesome dance/yoga/martial arts class. Really amazing stuff. It is getting easier every time---I'll let you know when it stops hurting. :) Someday!
Since April 1st I've lost 20 lbs, and my total is 31 lbs lost. I'm very pleased with the changes I've made and I am only empowered because God has been with me in this journey. That's really the long and short of it. God, prayer, and taking one moment at a time. Every new moment is an opportunity to make a better or healthier choice. I'm in the business of saving my life now.

I'm going to occasionally share new recipes I'm trying and have found to be tasty and full of good foods! I'll post one in the next blog. I try to focus on all (or mostly) Simply Filling recipes. :) Maybe you'll see something you like!

I'll sign off for now. Ciao for now!
Jewels

No comments:

Post a Comment