Julie's Mission at Home: A Soldier's Wife's Journey of Health, Family and Survival

Journey with me as I document my experiences in parenting, getting healthier, and being a wife to my wonderful soldier and a mom for my two boys!

Monday, June 20, 2011

Recipe of the Week!

Pizza Creations!

I love a good pizza, but generally I feel eating even a slice isn't worth the PointsPlus in Weight Watchers...or, more specifically, not worth the simple carbs, excess fat and salt. SO, after making these altered-but-yummy healthier versions of 'za, I thought I'd share with you!

Ingredients:

Whole wheat pizza crust. Now, you can make this yourself or buy already-made either frozen or sold around the "hanging pizza crusts" in your supermarket. I like the thin crust whole wheat.

1 package FF mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 container Parmesan cheese, for shaking
1 can tomato paste. You can get low sodium.
Oregano, italian seasoning, LOTS of garlic--but not "garlic salt."
Veggies you want on pizza--sky is the limit!
Grilled chicken breast chunks, or turkey pepperoni or turkey sausage crumbles. Also totally wonderful with no meat.
1-2 tsp EVOO

Spread EVOO on crust, add 2 tsp shaken parm cheese. In bowl, mix tomato paste (2 cans if you like it saucy) and seasonings to taste. Spread this mixture on the EVOO/parm-coated crust.
Layer veggies and/or meats as you desire on the crust, then top with a few more sprinkles of the parmesan and 1 cup of FF mozzarella cheese. Bake at 450 degrees for 17 minutes or until done to your liking. YUM!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment