Julie's Mission at Home: A Soldier's Wife's Journey of Health, Family and Survival

Journey with me as I document my experiences in parenting, getting healthier, and being a wife to my wonderful soldier and a mom for my two boys!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Celebrations and Anticipations


Can you believe it? It's my oldest baby's birthday today...again! How is it possible that he is 11 years old? Time has completely flown by, as it always does, as it always will. It is flabbergasting.

I have a few pictures of him to include in this post--to the left is at his 7th birthday celebration, which was pretty modest. We had his friend Cade over to eat pizza, play, and have a sleep over. Other than the fact that they fight like brothers sometimes, it was a great time. We were fairly new to Oak Ridge at that point--we had moved in August of the previous year (and Feb is his bday, obviously).

On the righ, the picture is from his 8th birthday mayhem. Just ask my friends who were there---it was crazy! We went to one of those kids' party places, this one called Zuma Fun Center, and whew! It was loosely organized chaos, basically.

I'll have to say I really enjoyed last year's celebration--we ate at Big Ed's, and for those of you not familiar with Big Ed's, you're missing out! Very well-loved community icon of yummy pizza here in Oak Ridge. If you're ever here, we must go. You may or may not feel it's the best pizza you've ever had, but no matter. You just still have to go.











So now here we are, at #11. As Andrew sits, eating his crackers and banana, I wonder how this adventure into Laser tag will go? Yup, we're heading to Laser Quest and then afterward having pizza at Mellow Mushroom. We're doing a small group of friends this year--it should be a lot of fun, hopefully. And Neal gets to go this time--the only birthday this year that he's in town to celebrate! He even had to celebrate his birthday early this year.

Which reminds me, we're heading to The Melting Pot to celebrate our wedding anniversary this Friday...and no, it's not our actual anniversary, but he won't be here for that. So this Friday it is! We're doing a combo Valentine's/Anniversary celebration. It should be great...we LOVE Melting Pot. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh the Melting Pot - bringer of babies, arguments, and lots of celebration! Hope your night is a good one.

    ReplyDelete