Julie's Mission at Home: A Soldier's Wife's Journey of Health, Family and Survival

Journey with me as I document my experiences in parenting, getting healthier, and being a wife to my wonderful soldier and a mom for my two boys!

Monday, February 15, 2010

Fake Wedding Anniversary: Success!

We celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary on Friday night (2/12)! Okay, yeah, it wasn't our real date, or even relatively close, but he'll be gone at our anniversary...so we decided to take advantage of the Valentine's Day weekend romantic dealios and go with it!
The Melting Pot is our favorite celebration spot, so we enjoyed the Valentine's menu. Here's what we had:
Cheese Fondue in a Caribbean preparation, in which we dipped different crusty breads and veggies and tart apples.

Caesar Salads, with parmesan-crusted pine nuts.

Coq au Vin Main Entree preparation, with two lobster tails, filet mignon, marinated chicken and shrimp, pork tenderloin, veggie and chicken pot stickers, plus broccoli, mushrooms and red potatoes. This is served with different dipping sauces after you cook the stuffs.

We opted finally for the Chocolate Cream Pie dessert chocolate--complete with graham crackers crumbled on top. This is, of course, served with the customary cheese cake, brownie, pound cake, marshmallows, strawberries, bananas, and rice crispie treats. I can't eat all of that, so I limit myself to the favorite things at this last step. I just can feel the blood sugar rising--too much sugar. So I enjoyed a small part of cheesecake, and really had the fruit.

We also got a bottle of Brut to enjoy with our meal, and spent time toasting each other about 10 times or so--some very sweet, some very silly. All very loving.

I love my husband. He's my best friend. Even though sometimes I want to knock him out, I wouldn't change a thing--he is wonderful.
Hope you had a special someone--whether is was family, friends, or romance--during your Valentine's weekend.
And guess what? Didn't gain a thing after all that!!

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm...The Melting Pot. Sounds like ya'll had an awesome time. We did have reservations fri. night at 9:15, but let some of our friends go instead because my mom came to town. Hate that we missed it though.

    ReplyDelete