Julie's Mission at Home: A Soldier's Wife's Journey of Health, Family and Survival

Journey with me as I document my experiences in parenting, getting healthier, and being a wife to my wonderful soldier and a mom for my two boys!

Friday, February 5, 2010

A New Beginning

Well, here goes.

I've had a blog before--in fact, I was pretty faithful to the online journal for a few years. It was a Yahoo 360 account. I sorta used that account as a way to vent, or sometimes to share thoughts or quirky things I came across in life. Mainly it was for fun and entertainment and a bit cathartic.

I don't believe this will be quite the same in nature, although I definitely think it will be cathartic. Who knows?

I was inspired to start this blog by a few different sources: Julie & Julia's main character, Julie (great name, yeah?) used her blog to document her journey for a year whilst cooking through Julia Child's cookbook. Neato! What a concept! I bet there are a billion zillion folks who were inspired in some way by that story, right?

Also, I'm really super-overweight and I need to NOT be really super-overweight. I am totally unmotivated most of the time. I say this in all honesty, although it is somewhat difficult to admit. I will write more on this particular struggle at another time.

The third motivation has to do with my husband. You see, my husband is preparing to deploy. Right now I won't say with what unit, or when or where to, or any details, as this hasn't been released to the press yet. But it is coming up sooner than later, and I felt really moved to start a blog that he could access and perhaps enjoy whilst deployed. Maybe it would be fun or a nice distraction, or inspirational or whatever. I don't know. So in part I wanted a small gift, of sorts, for my hubby.

So here I am...not sure if anyone will eventually read this beyond our small family or not, but I do welcome others to view and comment.

As I contemplated this blog I realized that I wanted a mission. My husband will have a mission when he leaves, and it is often said that the family left behind has a mission as well--the mission of being at home, caring for others, keeping it together, raising children, etc. That is my mission.

I have decided that I have another more specific mission as well, and that is where this blog comes in: My mission at home is one of improved health and fitness. I didn't say "losing weight," as it is so much more than that. Again, I'll enumerate details another time on this.

I will post pictures, stories, health info, family stuff, and pretty much anything I darn well choose. I want to portray an accurate image of what is going on in my mission at home--sanity, health, family and life.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment